Make dumplings yourself: you need this
The classic among the dumplings is probably the potato dumpling. For twelve large potato dumplings you need the following ingredients:
- A kilogram of floury potatoes
- three yolks
- 50g melted butter
- 80 g cornstarch
- Some freshly grated nutmeg
- For bread dumplings, simply replace half the potatoes with buns from the day before, which you chop up.
- For spinach dumplings, add about 150-200g of chopped spinach leaves to the potatoes.
This is how you succeed with the classic recipe
First, wash and boil the potatoes in salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes. The bowl stays put.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool down a bit.
- Then peel the potatoes and let them evaporate. You can put the potatoes in the oven at 120 degrees for ten minutes.
- Now the potatoes need to be mashed. Use a potato masher or potato ricer, for example.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the mashed potatoes and mix well. Make sure that the mass is even.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan.
- In the meantime, form dumplings from the dough and place them in the boiling water.
- Now the dumplings only have to simmer in the water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- If the dumplings float to the top, it is best to get them out of the water with a slotted spoon.