Make rice pudding yourself: You need these ingredients
The basic ingredients for the rice pudding are very straightforward and you probably already have most of them at home.
- For the rice pudding, you need milk, sugar, and salt. The amount of ingredients depends on your hunger or the number of people.
- Tip: use whole milk. Your dessert tastes much better this way and it doesn’t make too much of a difference in terms of calories. Give the rice pudding a slightly exotic touch with coconut milk.
- Basically, there are four portions of milk for one portion of rice pudding. The amount of sugar depends on how sweet you like it.
- For a large portion of rice pudding, for example for lunch, take half a liter of milk, 125 grams of rice pudding, one to two tablespoons of sugar, and a pinch of salt. If you would like to serve the rice pudding as dessert, it would be in two portions.
- With a few more ingredients you can give your homemade rice pudding a little more finesse. Classically, the finished rice pudding is finally sprinkled with cinnamon and raw cane sugar. You can also add the cinnamon to the pot right at the end.
- A vanilla pod gives your homemade rice pudding a special touch. Scrape the pulp out of the pod and add it to the milk along with the vanilla pod. Before serving the rice pudding, remove the vanilla bean.
- Fruits are also very tasty with rice pudding. Basically, almost any fruit goes with the milk dish. The rice pudding is particularly popular when garnished with cherries, but berries such as blackberries, currants, or blueberries also taste great with your homemade rice pudding.