Make vegetarian minced meat yourself: the ingredients
For vegetarian minced meat you need the following ingredients:
- 400g kidney beans
- 80 g tender oat flakes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 diced onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- pepper and salt
Prepare vegetarian minced meat
First, put the oil in a pan and let it heat up.
- Fry all the ingredients in the oil while turning. They should then have a consistency similar to minced meat.
- Then refine the minced meat with different herbs or spices according to your taste.
- Then let the vegetarian minced meat cool down.
- You can now use the minced meat or freeze it. First, let the vegetarian minced meat cool down before putting it in portions in the freezer.
Different variants: You have these options
Vegetarian minced meat can be varied as desired.
- For example, if you don’t have kidney beans ready, you can replace them with different grains or vegetables. For example, use a head of cauliflower or a few carrots along with 100g of nuts. Finely chopped walnuts are good for this.
- If you like your vegetarian ground beef less dry, add a few tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Use lentils instead of kidney beans. Note, however, that the lentils must be boiled until soft beforehand.
- Buckwheat, bulgur, or couscous are also good basic ingredients for your vegetarian minced meat.