You can make your own whipped cream in just a few minutes. Whether cake, tartlets, or other desserts – whipped cream refines the sweet pieces. In this post, we explain how to whip cream.
Make whipped cream yourself: instructions
If you want to whip cream yourself, you need the following ingredients: 250 ml whipped cream, 1-2 packets of cream stabilizer, and two level tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cold whipping cream in a deep bowl. Start by beating them briefly with the hand mixer on low.
- Slowly pour in the sugar and whipped cream while stirring. You can also substitute whipped cream if you don’t have any. Then increase the whipping level and whip the cream until slight waves form.
- Be careful not to whip the cream for too long or you will turn it into butter.
- Check again and again whether the cream has taken on a firm consistency.
Whip only high-fat cream without whipping cream
If you don’t want your whipped cream to flow, there are a few points to consider:
- Cream with a fat content of less than 30 percent should not be whipped without a cream stabilizer. This is especially true if you’re using the cream for a cake. Low-fat cream only stays firm for a short time and then flows away.
- If you want to whip your cream without whipping cream, use cream that has at least 30 percent fat. This can easily be whipped stiff without any tools and also stays in shape on the cake. Therefore, the following applies: the higher the fat content of the cream, the better it retains its shape.
- If you don’t have whipped cream, simply mix equal parts powdered sugar and edible starch or potato starch. Apply it the same way as a regular cream stiffener, using 1 teaspoon for 250 milliliters of cream.
- So that the cream can be whipped without problems, it should always be chilled. Warm cream is difficult to whip until stiff. Store the whipped cream in the fridge the same way.