Measure the refrigerator’s power consumption – this is how it works
In the long run, the excessive power consumption of a refrigerator or freezer can become very expensive. Especially since energy prices have skyrocketed and there is no end in sight. So that you don’t get a nasty surprise at the end of the year, you should regularly measure the power consumption of your various household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, or televisions.
- The only thing you need to determine the power consumption is a so-called energy meter. The commercially available power meters usually look like a socket with a display.
- To determine the electricity consumption of your refrigerator, first plug the energy meter into the socket. Then place the refrigerator plug in the power meter socket.
- Before you put the device into operation, find out what you pay for a kilowatt hour of electricity from your energy supplier. Enter this value into the ammeter.
- With the help of the specific numbers, the device then not only shows you the power consumption of your refrigerator in kilowatts.
- You can also see very vividly what the electricity consumption of the refrigerator costs you.
- Tip: If the measurement shows that your household appliance requires too much energy, various options are easily practicable to significantly reduce the power consumption of your refrigerator.