My chocolate - marble cake
- 225 g Butter at room temperature
- 150 g Finest sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 4 Eggs room temperature
- 275 g Wheat flour 405
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract (Bring Barbados)
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 1,5 tsp Baking cocoa
- 2 tbsp Boiling water
- 40 ml Cream
- 80 g Callebaut Calett's whole milk
- 15 g Butter at room temperature
- Take a mixing bowl / food processor and add the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt and stir until creamy with the hand mixer / food processor. Now gradually add the eggs (room temperature) and continue to stir until frothy. Add wheat flour, milk and baking powder and stir well too.
- Now take a smaller bowl and add the baking cocoa. Add the two tablespoons of boiling water and stir briefly. Let cool a little and then add to the divided cake batter. Mix everything together well. Take a baking pan (I used one with a lid) and grease it well.
Filling and baking
- First put the chocolate dough in the greased baking pan, then spread the vanilla dough on top. Using a spoon or fork, pull it in a spiral through the layers of dough. Preheat the oven beforehand to 180 degrees top / bottom heat. Put the lid on it and place the baking pan on the lowest rack and bake for about 60 minutes.
- After baking, remove the lid and leave the marble cake in the mold for about 10 minutes before turning it over on a wire rack or something similar.
- Take a milk can and pour in the cream, let it boil briefly. Then remove from the heat and add the Callebaut Caletts whole milk, stir. Put in butter and mix everything together again. When the cake has cooled, pour the chocolate sauce over it and let it set.