One pot recipes with rice
Rice is quick and easy to cook as a one-pot dish. In principle, one pot means nothing other than “one pot”. In most cases, we only associate this with soups, but with this cooking method you can also conjure up many other delicious dishes.
- The following recipes each refer to 2 servings. Choose a cup with a capacity of 250 ml for the amount of rice. You need twice the amount of liquid, i.e. twice this cup filled with water.
- The rice serves as the basis. This is cooked according to the instructions. This usually takes 20 minutes. The rice is done now. The remaining water is poured off, the rice stays in the pot. Now follow the next steps according to the recipes.
- Recipe 1 – Rice with buttered vegetables: Cut 1 pepper and 3 tomatoes into small pieces and add them to the pot with the rice along with 100g of beans. Alternatively, you can also use 2 packets of buttered vegetables. The whole thing is now briefly boiled up again, seasoned, and tasted.
- Recipe 2 – Quick Rice Pudding: Another option is to enrich the rice with milk. Add around 1 to 2 cups of milk for every 100g of cooked rice. Add a teaspoon of sugar. Then refine the mass with 2 teaspoons vanilla and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Let the whole thing boil for a minute. Now you can enjoy delicious rice pudding as a dessert or as a sweet dish.
- Recipe 3 – Rice with Sausages: In the pot, add about 1 to 2 cups of water for every 100g of cooked rice. Then enrich the resulting rice porridge with 2 to 4 teaspoons of vegetable or meat stock and heat the pot again.
- Now add 3 finely chopped wieners and 1 can of corn. Children especially like this delicious one-pot dish.
One pot ideas without meat
One pot dishes are also particularly suitable for vegetarians. Simply omit the sausage and/or meat from the recipes and you can also enjoy every dish as a vegetarian. Alternatively, other foods can be chosen as the basic ingredient. In addition to rice, noodles or just vegetables are also well suited.
- Recipe 4 – Colorful vegetable noodles: Noodles serve as the basis here. Boil 500g of pasta and add 200g of frozen vegetables to the pasta water. The pasta water is not poured off. Then season the whole thing as usual and according to your preferences. As an additional seasoning, you can also use 2 bay leaves and 2 cloves, for example. To refine it, add 2 teaspoons of cooking cream to the dish at the end.
- Recipe 5 – Carrot and Potato Soup: Peel 200g each of carrots and potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Now put them in a pot and cook them for about 15 minutes. Then season both with salt and pepper. Finally, add 1 to 2 finely chopped onions. Enjoy this vegetable variation with a fresh piece of bread or baguette.
- With any one pot recipe, be sure to stir regularly. The trick is not to let the whole thing burn. It is better to let the food simmer on a low level than too high.
- It is best to always season the food at the end. In this way, you can be sure that nothing overcooks and that the taste is no longer distorted in the course of cooking. Enjoy your meal!