For the polenta and the vegetables:
- 1 tbsp Clarified butter
- 1 kg Celery root
- 5 Pc. Carrots
- 5 Pc. Onions
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Pr Pepper
- 1 Pr Salt
- 1 l Water
- 250 ml Port wine
- 400 ml Beef stock
- 250 g Polenta
- 1 l Water
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
- 50 g Pine nuts
- 0,5 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 kg Green beans
- 200 g Breakfast bacon
- Parry the ox cheeks, season with pepper, salt and then fry them with clarified butter for five minutes each, preferably in a roasting pan. Remove meat.
- Cut the onions into small cubes and fry them in the roaster, then add the peeled and finely chopped carrots and the celery and continue to fry with tomato paste.
- Deglaze the vegetables with port wine and add a liter of water.
- Then return the seared ox cheeks to the roaster and simmer covered for about four hours at 140 degrees Celsius. Turn the meat halfway through.
- After the braising process, remove the ox cheeks and cut into slices.
- Pass the sauce through a sieve and strain the vegetable pieces through the sieve.
- If the sauce is too little, add a little beef stock and port wine, then bring the sauce to the boil again.
- Now put the ox cheek slices back into the sauce.
Polenta and vegetables:
- To prepare the polenta, heat a liter of water in the saucepan and dissolve the salt, garlic paste and butter in it.
- Then slowly add the polenta while stirring.
- While the polenta rests for ten minutes, carefully toast the pine nuts in the pan until they are golden brown.
- When the polenta is ready to swell, mix in the pine nuts.
- Boil green beans in salted water for five minutes and then blanch them in ice water. Coat the cooled beans with bacon and fry in the pan until the bacon is brown.
- Arrange the ox cheeks with sauce and the polenta and bacon beans on the plate.