Homemade potato and carrot soup is the ideal recipe for a delicious starter or as a warm main meal for the whole family. In this kitchen tip, you can read how you can quickly prepare the soup and how you can refine it.
Potato and carrot soup: quick recipe
The preparation method for a healthy potato and carrot soup is very simple. If you have a hand blender at hand, you will also need the following ingredients for the recipe:
- Ingredients for 4 servings: 500 g potatoes, 5 carrots, 2 onions, 1-liter vegetable stock, 1 tablespoon oil, salt, pepper
- Variant: Refine the soup to taste with 200 ml cream.
- Preparation: Peel the vegetables and then cut them into small cubes.
- Sauté the onions in a pan with a little oil until translucent.
- Now put the potatoes and carrots in the pot. Sauté the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the broth, and optional cream, into the saucepan and stir briefly. Put the lid on the pot and let the soup simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Then puree the soup with a hand blender so that either no or only small pieces remain.
- Finally, season the potato and carrot soup with salt and pepper and other spices to taste.
Spice up potato and carrot soup: 4 ideas
You can add to and modify the above basic recipe for a delicious, homemade potato and carrot soup as you wish. Refine your dish with these tips, for example:
- Apple: Add a peeled, finely chopped apple to the soup and puree at the end. The apple provides a slightly sweet, fruity taste that harmonizes perfectly with the soup vegetables.
- Seeds: Serve the soup with some pumpkin or sunflower seeds as a garnish. These not only look good, but they also taste good and are healthy.
- Parsley: If you have fresh parsley at home, add some to the potato and carrot soup as a garnish.
- Croutons: In general, croutons go well with almost all soups – especially cream soups. Sprinkle the bread cubes over your soup plate as a side dish just before eating.
- Bacon cubes: Roast small bacon cubes in a pan so that they are slightly crispy. Add the bacon to your soup for a flavorful side dish before serving.