Microgreens are full of healthy substances, are easy to grow yourself in, and taste incomparably aromatic. In addition, the little plants score with their versatility. You are guaranteed to find your own personal micro-vegetable favorites among the following recipes.
Guacamole with sunflower microgreens
Guacamole is no longer just one of the most popular dips in Mexico. Thanks to the microgreens made from sunflower seeds, our variant tastes wonderfully nutty and goes well with meat dishes or wraps as well as a healthy dip with nacho chips and vegetable sticks.
- 2 fully ripe avocados
- 1 cup chopped sunflower microgreens
- 1 small, chopped red onion
- depending on taste ¼ to ½ very finely chopped jalapeno
- Juice of half a lime
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place the peeled and pitted avocado in a bowl with the lime juice and salt.
- Mash with the fork.
- Fold in the microgreens, onion, and jalapeno.
This pesto is quick to prepare and tastes great with whole-grain pasta. Use your favorite microgreen mix as a base.
- 1 bowl of microgreens
- pine or sunflower seeds. Walnuts are also good.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Finely grated parmesan.
- Cold-pressed olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Peel the garlic and add to the blender along with the microgreens.
- chop finely
- Add the oil, seeds, and parmesan.
- Mix until a creamy mass is formed.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Placed in a small jar, covered with a layer of olive oil, and tightly sealed, the pesto will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Cress smoothie with spinach and apple
Smoothies ensure a healthy start to the day and simply taste great. Our variant combines the sweetness of an apple with the spiciness of cress and ginger.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 apples
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ bed of cress microgreens, preferably large-leaved cress
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone.
- Quarter the apple and cut out the core.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and add 500ml water.
- Blend for a minute or two.
- If the smoothie is still too thick, add a little liquid and mix again briefly.