For the ground
- 150 g Butter
- 150 g Brown sugar
- 300 g Flour
For the vanilla cream
- 4 Pc. Egg yolk (M)
- 200 ml Milk
- 200 ml Cream
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 packet Bourbon vanilla sugar
- 40 g Food starch
For the sprinkles
- 175 g Butter
- 250 g Flour
- 125 g Sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 800 g Rhubarb
- 50 g Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Recipe for: 1 springform pan 26cm in diameter or a square baking pan 35x24 cm Line the bottom of the forms with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C top and bottom heat
- Peel the rhubarb and cut into small pieces, mix with the sugar and lemon juice and let it steep for 1 hour.
- For the base, knead the ingredients together well, put them in the baking pan and press firmly.
- For the crumble: Mix the ingredients together and knead into coarse crumble with your fingers.
- For the vanilla cream: bring the milk and cream to the boil. Beat the sugar and egg yolks and fold in the cornstarch. When the milk and cream mixture is boiling, take it off the stove, stir in the egg mixture, put the saucepan back on the stove and, on the lowest setting and stir continuously, heat the mixture until it has a pudding-like consistency. Once the consistency has been reached, the mixture can be poured onto the base, spread the rhubarb evenly over it and top it with the crumble.
- Now bake the cake at 180 ° C for about 40 minutes.
- 7th TIP: Since there are now 4 x egg whites, you can make meringue out of it, I have also set the recipe for this.
Serving: 100gCalories: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 21.9gProtein: 1.8gFat: 27.5g