For the vegetables:
- 170 g Coconut water
- 3 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 4 small Onions, red
- 2 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 50 g Sweet peppers, red, fresh
- 30 g Sweet peppers, green, fresh
- 1 Hot peppers, red, long, mild
- 2 small Chilies, green, fresh or frozen
- 10 Runner beans, green, fresh
- 1 small Spring onion, fresh
- 2 Eggs, size M
- 2 Pinches Pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 2 Pinches Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, sweet, (kecap manis)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, salty
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, mushroom flavor, (kecap jamur)
- 4 tbsp Coconut water
- 4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Shrimp, dried, optional
- Peanuts, lightly salted
- 2 tbsp Celery leaves, fresh or frozen
- Sweet peppers, red, fresh, (see preparation)
- Wash the rice, strain and drain well. Add the water and bring to the boil. Add the chicken stock and rice and stir. Simmer with the lid on for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, mix briefly and leave to mature with the lid on for 30 minutes.
In the meantime:
- Cap the onions and garlic cloves at both ends, peel and cut into small pieces. Separate a third of the washed sweet peppers lengthways. Remove the grains and the light red partitions. Cut the pieces into 6mm cubes. Use 20 g of the red pepper cubes for garnishing. Wash the red peppers, remove the stems, cut in half lengthways, remove the grains and the dividing walls and cut the halves across into pieces approx. 1 cm wide.
- Wash the small, green chillies and cut into thin slices. Leave the grains and discard the stems. Wash the fresh, green beans, cut off at both ends, remove any threads and cut across into pieces approx. 8mm long. Wash the spring onions and cut into thin rolls from above. Keep the white and green parts ready separately.
- Open the eggs in a sufficiently large container, add 2 pinches of chicken stock and pepper and whisk until homogeneous. Fry the omelette with 2 tbsp sunflower oil. Let cool and cut into small cubes.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce homogeneously.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a sufficiently large pan, add onions and garlic and roast until the onions are translucent. Add the diced pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add the beans and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Spread the rice on top and mix in. Pan stir for 2 minutes. Then add the egg cubes and mix in.
- Drizzle the sauce over the rice and mix well. Garnish and serve in the pan as a main course and enjoy.
- In Indonesia there are countless small kitchens (warung) that offer fried rice to take away. As a side dish (lalapan) fried chicken, fried pieces of fish or fried eggs on both sides are offered. In addition, you get a plastic bag with liquid, mostly very hot sambal. The fried rice at Warung Desi was very popular and you always had to stand in line. The Indonesians usually bought 8 or 10 or more servings for the family.