Cherry compote (grits)
- 250 g Fresh cherries (or frozen goods)
- 3 tablespoon Vanilla sugar
- 2 piece Clove and cinnamon stick each
- 2 tablespoon Green pepper (pickled)
- 200 ml Cherry fruit juice
- 50 ml Brandy or sherry
- 20 ml Lemon juice
- 1 packet Agar-agar
the rice pudding
- 0,5 liter Whole milk 3.8%
- 2 cups Rice (round grain)
- 1 Can Sweetened condensed milk
- 0,5 teaspoon Ground cinnamon, clove
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Discs Orange slices and peel (also abrasion)
- 2 piece Egg yolk
- 50 g Freshly diced grapes (without peel and seeds)
- Or alternatively raisins
- Mix arrowworm meal with a little water if binding is necessary
the dough for the floor and decoration
- 200 g Chestnut flour or chestnut flour
- 10 g Fresh yeast
- 1 piece Egg yolk
- 100 g Powdered sugar
- 75 g Butter
- 75 ml Milk (lukewarm)
- 150 Grief Marzipan paste
Info "Spanish rice"
- Many people do not even know - but rice is grown in Spain and there is not that much information about it. Organic rice cultivation in Spain has two typical Valencian round grain varieties. In the Comunidad Valencia, rice cultivation is taking on ever larger forms and between Pego and Oliva there are now 12 rice farmers who also aim to export their rice. Mainly the Spanish rice (for paella and arroz con leche) is cooked in the country. In Germany there are some companies that now sell Spanish specialties such as round grain rice online. I really like to cook Spanish rice, both as a side dish (sepia rice) and as a main ingredient for paella or as rice pudding for desserts or cakes ..
Arroz con leche
- You can find the basic recipe in my cookbook under the link >>>>> Rice pudding "Basic recipe" >>>>> For the cake, the recipe is pimped up a little ... according to Spanish taste. Among other things, a Spanish rice pudding must include ................. 1 can of sweetened condensed milk; Cinnamon; Cloves; Orange or lemon peel; and absolutely grapes or raisins.
Cherry "compote" in Spanish style
- differs from our well-known "Grüze" as far as it contains some alcohol (Osborne brandy or sherry); contains some green pepper and some vanilla sugar. It is bound with agar agar. Therefore it is not over-sweetened.
The chestnut yeast marzipan dough
- This is the specialty in the Catalonia region and the city of Barcelona. It is something simple but very tasty to make soil to fruit special. I love these bases and bake them quite often. For the rice pudding cherry cake, small sticks are additionally baked on top, which are then placed on top.
the dough (preparation)
- Knead all ingredients well in the food processor. Let rise for 30 minutes in the oven (in summer on the terrace) at 30-40 degrees or in a heated mixing bowl. While the dough is rising, rice pudding and cherry compote are cooked.
the cherry compote
- Start by washing the cherries, pitting them and then placing them in an appropriately wide and high pot (the cherries should all have contact with the ground because of the heat distribution) and set the stove to minimum temperature. Now add all the ingredients except the agar agar. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Then fish out the large pieces of spice and add agar agar. Bring to the boil and transfer to a bowl. Put in the freezer for 30 minutes.
the rice pudding
- IMPORTANT with rice pudding .... sugar at the end. At best, and if available, use a stainless steel pan for milk. Heat the milk slowly and add the rice pudding just before it starts to boil. Hold the rice in circles with a wooden spoon until the milk has boiled once. Then pull the pot off the stove and let it stand. Add the rest of the ingredients and let them boil once. Put the lid on and let the rice pudding swell. Stir it as little as possible - so that the rice grains do not break. After about 15 minutes, let the rice pudding boil again (stir little) and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes. To make it go faster, I put it in a chrome bowl.
- Now you can continue to work with the dough. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces. Roll out a piece of dough evenly and place a round base in the mold. Press nicely on the sides. Then first roll out the second base (processed with marzipan paste) into a rectangular shape - then cut out or cut out a round base. Work the rest into strips with the third piece of dough. Then twist the strips against each other and place on a baking sheet. SEE PICTURES !!!
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees hot air. Now bake the base and the strips for 15 minutes.
- If the base is now baked - first fill it with the rice pudding. Then mix the raw marzipan with a little juice of the cherry compote and cut out into a circle. Place on top of the rice pudding in the pan. Now comes the cherry compote on top. Spread the strips of dough on top and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Place in the freezer for 1 hour - then the cake is firm and can be enjoyed.