- 4 Tbsp (heaped) Tomato paste
- 200 g Seitan flour
- 240 ml Water
- 20 g Yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp (heaped) Paprika powder, noble sweet
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Onion powder or granules
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 0,5 tsp Cumin powder
- 4 tbsp Rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp Mustard, medium hot (Bautzner)
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce, dark
- 3 tbsp Rapeseed oil for frying
- Mix the seitan flour, yeast flakes, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, sugar and onion powder in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the oil, mustard, soy sauce, tomato paste and water, preferably using a hand mixer.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ones and knead everything together well. Determine the total weight and divide into 8 portions (depending on the desired size or weight).
- Flatten each portion in a 10 cm or 12 cm cookie ring or something similar and fry in a pan with a little rapeseed oil for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, then briefly drain on paper towels.
- Serve with burger buns, toast, bread as a burger, sandwich or whatever. You can also shape sausages or just let your imagination run wild.
Serving: 100gCalories: 643kcalCarbohydrates: 20.2gProtein: 1.7gFat: 62.7g