for the tomato sauce:
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Finely chopped onions
- 1 Finely chopped clove of garlic
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 0,5 tsp Chilli flakes
- 0,5 tsp Ground cumin, cumin
- 200 ml Dry red wine
- 400 g Chopped canned tomatoes
- 0,5 tsp Grated orange peel
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Sea salt, black pepper
for the meatballs:
- 500 g Mixed minced meat
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika powder
- 0,5 tsp Ground cumin
- 0,5 bunch Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Milk
- Sauté the finely chopped onions in 2 tablespoons of heated oil in a pan. Add the garlic and oregano and sauté briefly. Take out half of the mixture and let it cool (you need it for the meatballs).
- Now add the chilli flakes and the cumin to the pan. Roast briefly, then deglaze with the red wine. Add the orange peel, salt, pepper, sugar and chopped tomatoes. Simmer for about 30 minutes until the sauce thickens a little.
- For the meatballs, knead all of the ingredients above and the onions that you have taken aside with your hands to form a dough. Add salt and pepper. Shape the mixture into small balls with your hands.
- Fry the balls in the remaining oil. Then place the balls in the sauce and simmer with the lid closed on low heat for about 20-30 minutes.
- This fits e.g. rice, flatbread, pasta etc.
Serving: 100gCalories: 500kcalCarbohydrates: 32.4gProtein: 4.8gFat: 39.4g