For the rice:
- 70 g Basmati, dry
- 135 g Water
- 10 g Unsalted butter
For the meatballs:
- 3 Discs White bread, from the day before
- 2 Eggs, size M
- 4 tbsp Whole milk
- 6 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 250 g Minced meat, roughly chopped and mixed, (pork + beef)
- 10 g Ginger, grated, fresh or frozen
- 30 g Carrot threads
- 3 tbsp Celery leaves, fresh or frozen
- 6 small Onions, red
- 2 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 2 pinch Black pepper, fresh from the mill
- 1 pinch Nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes, red, dried, (e.g. Pul Biber)
- 2 tbsp Paprika powder, mild
For the Cap Cay:
- 1 smaller Broccoli
- 40 g Carrot
- 1 Hot peppers, red, long, mild
- 0,5 Sweet peppers, red
- 1 smaller Kailan, alternatively Mangold
- 2 small Chilies, green, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp Tomato juice
- 150 g Coconut water
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce, light colored
- 2 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 2 tsp Chilli flakes, red, dried, (e.g. Pul Biber)
- 1,5 liter Frying oil, fresh
- 10 g Baking powder
- 8 Discs Cucumber, seedless
- Sprigs of dill, fresh
- Wash the rice, strain and drain well. Add the water and bring to the boil. Add the butter, stir with the rice and simmer with the lid on for about 12 minutes. Remove from heat, mix briefly and leave to mature with the lid on for 30 minutes.
In the meantime
- Cut the white bread into small cubes. Whisk the eggs with the milk and pour over the white bread cubes. Mix well after 10 minutes, but do not homogenize. Wash a piece of carrot, cap the lower end and peel it completely. Use a julienne slicer to cut the carrot into silk threads. Have the required amount ready.
- Wash the fresh celery, shake dry, pluck the flawless leaves and chop. Use the required amount immediately and freeze the remaining leaves separately from the chopped stems. Weigh frozen goods and allow to thaw
- Mix all the ingredients for the meatballs well in a large bowl and cover in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Mix the baking powder into the meat mixture. Shape the meat mixture into balls the size of a table tennis ball and flatten them a little. Heat the frying oil to 180 degrees. Fry the balls in it until light brown and drain on paper towels.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce and place in a pan. Add the meatballs and let them simmer covered in the sauce. Freeze remaining meatballs.
The Cap Cay:
- For the Cap Cay, cut the stem 2 cm from the bottom of the washed broccoli and remove the florets about 3 cm with the stem from above. Chop large florets bite-sized. Cut the upper, unwooded handle parts crosswise into approx. 6 mm wide rolls. Peel the stems that are lignified on the edge and cut lengthways into strips and shorten to approx. 2 cm. Keep the stems and florets ready separately. Roughly shred any existing leaves and use them as well.
- Wash a small carrot, cut off both ends, peel and slice across into 4 x 4 mm thin sticks. Wash the fresh, red peppers, remove the stem, cut diagonally into pieces approx. 8 mm wide and leave the grains on. Remove the stem from the red peppers, cut open lengthways, fold open and core 1 half. Cut this lengthways into approx. 1 cm wide strips and then across into approx. 2 cm long pieces.
- Wash the fresh kailan, separate the leaves from the stem. Cut off the woody stem below the 2nd leaf and discard. Separate the thin petioles from the leaves along the midrib, cutting the leaves in half lengthways. Cut the leaf stalks and the stem crosswise into thin rolls. Roughly cut the leaves into small pieces. Keep leaves and stalk rolls ready separately. Freeze unused goods. Measure and defrost frozen goods. Wash the small, green chillies and use them whole.
The finished rice:
- Place the rice on the preheated plates. Garnish the plates with cucumber slices and dill.
Stir Cap Cay:
- Heat a wok and add 2 tablespoons of the sunflower oil and let it get hot. Add the first 4 ingredients of the vegetables and the kailan only the stalks and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir-fry for 1 minute. Deglaze with 4 tablespoons of the sauce and add the Cap Cay to the rice.
- Add the meatballs with a little sauce. Serve the rest of the sauce in the extra pot.