- 250 g Long grain rice
- 1 piece Onion
- 600 g Pork loin
- 2 piece Zucchini, small
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 Can Tomatoes, peeled (drained weight: 480 g)
- 250 g Strained tomatoes
- Sugar, pepper, paprika powder
- Possibly cayenne pepper
- 0,5 bunch Parsley, smooth and finely chopped
- Boil the rice in salted water according to the instructions on the package and allow to drain. In the meantime, peel the onion and dice it finely. Wash the meat, pat dry and cut into 2 x 2 cm cubes. Wash and clean the zucchini, halve lengthways and cut into slices.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the onion in it until translucent, add the meat and fry all over. Add the peeled and pureed tomatoes, after 10 minutes add the zucchini. Let everything simmer for another 10 minutes, then season with sugar, salt, pepper, paprika powder and, if you like, with cayenne pepper.
- Pluck the parsley leaves and chop finely. Arrange the shashlik pot with rice and serve sprinkled with parsley.