For the broth:
- 6 small Onions, red
- 2 medium sized Cloves of garlic, fresh
- 4 medium sized Tomatoes
- 20 g Ginger, fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 300 g Water
- 2 tbsp Lime juice
- 8 g Vegetable broth, Kraft bouillon
For the vegetables:
- 1 medium sized Potato, waxy
- 1 medium sized Carrot
- 2 small Chillies, red, fresh or frozen
- 2 Stalk Kailan, (Chinese broccoli)
- 1 Stalk Lemongrass, fresh
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, fresh or frozen
- 1 small Cinnamon stick
- Cap the onions and the cloves of garlic at both ends, peel and roughly cut into pieces. Wash the tomatoes, remove the stems, cut in half lengthways and remove the green stem. Halve the halves lengthways and crossways. Cut the fresh, washed and peeled ginger crosswise into thin slices. Weigh frozen goods.
- Fry the onions and garlic cloves with the sunflower oil until light brown. Add tomatoes and ginger and fry for 5 minutes. Deglaze with the water and dissolve the strength bouillon and lime juice in the broth. Simmer for 5 minutes with the lid on. Take off the stove and let cool down a bit.
In the meantime:
- Peel the potato and carrot and cut into bite-sized pieces. Wash the small, red chillies and use them whole with the stalk. Wash the fresh kailan, separate the leaves from the stem. Separate 2 cm from the stem at the bottom. Peel the area down from the 3rd sheet. Separate the thin petioles from the leaves along the midrib, cutting the large leaves in half lengthways and crossways. Cut the leaf stalks and the stem crosswise into pieces approx. 2 cm long.
- Wash the fresh lemongrass, remove the hard stalk at the bottom, remove the brown and withered leaves and only use the white to light green parts. Cut this into pieces approx. 8 cm long. Remove the outer, green leaves if necessary. Gently tap the lower halves of the pieces with the back of the knife. The stems should remain optically intact. Wash the kaffir lime leaves and use them whole.
- Pour the stock into a blender and purée finely for 1 minute at high speed.
- Put the puree in a saucepan with a lid and bring to a boil. Add the potatoes, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and the cinnamon stick and simmer for 20 minutes. After 5 minutes add the carrot and kailan stalks. Add the chillies after 10 minutes and the kailan leaves after 15 minutes.
Season to taste and serve:
- Season the broth with soy sauce (salty) and pepper. Distribute the finished soup on the serving bowls, serve and enjoy warm.