For the dough:
- 1 Egg, size M
- 50 g Flour, type 405
- 60 g Beer, type lager or pils
- 50 g Pecorino, finely grated, alternatively mountain cheese
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 1 pinch Sugar, fine, white
- 1,5 liter Frying oil
- 6 tbsp Thousand Island Sauce
- 2 Lettuce leaves, green, Lollo bionda
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- Flowers and leaves
- Boil the fresh or thawed squid rings in lightly salted water in small portions until they have stretched (maximum 20 seconds). Remove immediately and dry on paper towels.
- Break the egg and separate it. Process all ingredients from egg yolk to sugar into a sluggishly liquid dough. Fold in the whipped egg whites. Pull the rings through the dough and bake in the 210 degree deep frying oil until golden and serve hot.