For the pretzel dumplings:
- 6 Pretzel dumplings, fresh or frozen
For the bouquet garni:
- 4 tbsp Cut celery stalks, fresh or frozen
- 1 small Carrot
- 1 smaller Leek
For the broth:
- 400 ml Beef stock, (available for purchase)
- Salt and pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 2 tbsp Madeira or Marsala, liqueur wine, alternatively dry sherry
- If the dumplings are not available as frozen goods, make them according to the recipe, otherwise let them thaw. If the stock is concentrated, dilute enough to obtain 400 ml of ready-to-use stock.
- Bring the stock to a simmer. Wash the vegetables (bouquet garni), clean, cut into small pieces and simmer in the stock for 15 minutes. Strain the broth, entrust the bouquet garni to the organic waste and add the dumplings to the simmering broth. Let simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Finally add the liqueur wine and season to taste. Spread the soup on the serving bowls, garnish, serve and enjoy.
- Pretzel dumplings, see: Swabian pretzel dumplings