Stuffed peppers are a classic in the kitchen. The recipe not only scores with its interesting appearance but also with its diversity. In this practical tip, we will show you three recipe ideas for stuffed peppers.
Stuffed peppers – classic with minced meat
For the stuffed peppers you need 4 peppers, 400 grams of minced meat, 1 onion, salt, pepper, and 100 grams of long-grain rice. For the sauce and the preparation of the peppers, you need some ketchup, 300 milliliters of vegetable stock, and 3 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- First, wash and deseed the peppers. To do this, cut off only the top of the peppers. Then peel and dice the onion. Then heat some oil in a pan and sear the minced meat in it for five minutes. After about two minutes, add the diced onion. Season with salt and pepper.
- While you are searing the ground beef, you can prepare the rice according to the package directions. After searing the ground beef, add the broth, ketchup, and tomato paste to the meat and let the whole mixture simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the meat from the heat and drain the rice. Then mix the rice with the meat and stuff the whole mixture into the peppers. Place the pods in an oven dish. Pour about 100-150 milliliters of broth into the mold. Bake the pods in the oven at 200 degrees top and bottom heat for half an hour.
- You can serve the peppers as soon as they are ready. Optionally, you can decorate the pods with chives or sprinkle them with herbs such as dill or parsley. Enjoy your meal!
Stuffed peppers – vegetarian variant
For the vegetarian version of the stuffed peppers, you need 4 peppers, 400 grams of feta cheese, chia seeds, spring onions, and spices such as salt and pepper.
- First, soak about 3 tablespoons of chia seeds in 7 tablespoons of water for 10 minutes. Instead of the chia seeds, you can also use the regional alternative linseed. Place the sheep’s cheese in a sieve so that the water drains off. While the seeds are soaking, wash and cut the peppers in half lengthways. Remove all cores. Do the same with the bunch of spring onions.
- Then crumble the cheese into bite-sized pieces. Drain the chia seeds and mix together the seeds and cheese. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Stuff the mixture into the peppers.
- It is best to place the peppers in an oven dish right away. Bake the stuffed peppers in the oven at 180 degrees for about 10 minutes. After taking the peppers out of the oven, you can sprinkle them with fresh herbs like dill and parsley.
Stuffed peppers – without an oven
Not every household has an oven. For this variant, you need 4 peppers, 250 grams of minced meat, half a cup of rice, 1 liter of tomato passata, 100 grams of cheese, 1 onion, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1 tablespoon of flour, 300 ml of water and spices.
- Mix the ground beef with the rice, salt, and pepper. Peel and cut the onion and add it to the meat. Mix the meat until it is a homogeneous mixture. Wash the peppers and cut off the tops. Remove the cores.
- Now prepare the sauce. To do this, mix the butter and flour and heat them together. Pour the water and the tomato passata over everything. Stir the sauce well to avoid lumps forming and season again with salt and pepper and herbs to taste.
- Now fill the peppers with the meat filling. Crumble or cut the cheese and seal the peppers with the cheese.
- Then put all the peppers next to each other in a saucepan and pour the sauce over them. Cover the pot with a lid and cook the peppers until the meat is tender.