For the marinade:
- 50 g Red curry paste, (Asiashop)
- 200 g Coconut water
- 4 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 200 ml Coconut milk, creamy (24% fat)
- 2 tbsp Honey, bright
- 2 tbsp Lime juice, fresh
- Fish sauce, light
- Pepper, black, fresh from the mill
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce, (Saus Tiram)
- 1 tbsp Sambal Bangkok ala Siu
For the vegetables:
- 350 g Sweet potatoes
- 100 g Carrot
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves, fresh or frozen
- 8 Kailan, with flowers
- 150 g Water
- 3 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine, (Arak Masak)
- Pepperoni threads, red
- Carrot slices in the shape of a flower
- Freeze the fresh chicken breast a little and let frozen food thaw. Cut across the fibers into approx. 2 cm thick slices and cut them into pieces approx. 2 x 2 cm in size. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and use them to marinate the chicken for 2 hours at room temperature.
Prepare the vegetables:
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potato and carrot into bite-sized pieces. Wash the kaffir lime leaves and use them whole. Wash the fresh kailan. Cut off the flowers with an approx. 6 cm stem and leave the associated leaves. Separate the remaining leaves from the stem. Use only flawless sheets. Separate approx. 1 cm from the stem at the bottom. Peel the area down from the 3rd sheet. Separate the thin petioles from the leaves along the midrib, cutting the large leaves in half lengthways and crossways. Cut the leaf stalks crosswise into pieces approx. 2 cm long.
- Remove the stem from a pepper, wash it, cut it lengthways, unfold it, core it and cut it crosswise into thin threads from above. Wash and peel a carrot, score lengthways and cut across into approx. 5 mm thick slices.
Cooking the curry:
- Bring the coconut water to a boil and dissolve the chicken broth in it. Mix the curry paste with the coconut milk and the lime juice with a whisk until homogeneous and stir into the coconut water. Add the chicken with the marinade along with the kaffir lime leaves and honey. Simmer on reduced heat for 40 minutes with the lid on. Mix in the sweet potatoes after 20 minutes. Season the broth with fish sauce and pepper. After another 5 minutes, mix in the carrots and simmer to the end.
Blanch the vegetables:
- For the vegetables, heat the water in a pan and dissolve the chicken broth in it. Add the kailan stalks and carrot blossoms and simmer for 8 minutes with the lid on. Take out of the broth and keep ready. Melt the butter in the broth and mix in the rice wine. Add petioles and leaves and simmer for 1 minute. Mix with the broth and place the flowers on top. Simmer with the lid on for 2 more minutes. Take off the stove.
- Spread the finished curry on the serving plates. Add the Kailan vegetables, garnish, serve and enjoy.