Vegan Recipe: Cauliflower Patties
With our first recipe, you prepare delicious vegan patties.
- For 10 patties you will need the florets of 1/2 cauliflower. You will also need 1 can of chickpeas and 60g chickpea flour, 1 1/2 tbsp flaxseed, 2 cloves garlic, 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, 1 tsp onion powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, and salt and pepper, and some coconut oil for frying.
- First, cook the cauliflower florets in salted water.
- Meanwhile, put the chickpea flour, flaxseed, onion powder, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and mix the ingredients together.
- In the blender, briefly mix the finished cauliflower with chickpeas, parsley, and finely chopped garlic. Don’t mix too long, you don’t want a puree to form. The ingredients should only be crushed.
- Add the mix to the remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form 10 patties from the mixture and fry them in a pan with a little coconut oil until golden brown on both sides.
Meat-free chicken wings with cabbage
Cauliflower chicken wings are a delicious vegan dish.
- In addition to 1 head of cauliflower, you need 100 g of chickpea flour or wheat flour for the chicken wings. Also 2 teaspoons each of turmeric, garlic, and onion powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoons tomato paste, 40 g margarine, some pepper, and 100 ml plant milk.
- The preparation is very simple: mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the plant-based milk. Mix everything to a smooth mass.
- Divide the cauliflower into florets of roughly the same size and toss them individually in the breading.
- Spread the breaded cauliflower florets on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake the vegan chicken wings in a preheated oven at 220 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- During this time, mix the tomato paste with margarine. Take the breaded cauliflower florets out of the oven and pull them one by one through the tomato sauce.
- Prepared like this, the chicken wings go into the oven for another 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
Cauliflower quiche – vegan and delicious
You’re sure to like our next recipe too.
- For the quiche, you will need 1 head of cauliflower, 300 ml of oat cream, 150 g of spelled flour, 2 1/2 tablespoons of corn flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 2 tablespoons of oil, and 6 tablespoons of water.
- For spices, you need 1 finely chopped onion, salt, and pepper as well as 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, oil, and water into a smooth batter.
- Sauté the onion in a saucepan with a little oil and add the cauliflower and turmeric. Let the cauliflower steam a little in the closed pot.
- Meanwhile, roll out the pastry and line a quiche tin lined with baking paper.
- In the blender, mix the cauliflower and onion mix with the cornmeal, the oat cooking cream, the garlic powder, and some salt and pepper.
- Spread this mixture over the dough and bake the quiche in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35 minutes until golden brown.
Cauliflower soup without meat
If you like soups, here is a vegan recipe with cauliflower.
- The main ingredient here is 1 whole cauliflower. You also need 1 liter of vegetable broth, 200 ml of coconut milk, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and 3 spring onions and 1 teaspoon of curry, and some salt and pepper to taste for seasoning.
- Boil the chopped cauliflower in the vegetable broth for about ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the spring onions into small pieces and add them to the cauliflower in the pot along with the other ingredients.
- Cook the soup for another seven minutes.
- When the soup has cooled a little, puree it with a hand blender until it has the desired consistency.
Lentil salad with cabbage
Also, have a salad with cauliflower for you.
- In addition to 1 cauliflower, you need 500 g lentils, 2 spring onions, 1 bunch of celery leaves, 2 limes, 1 clove of garlic, 1 tablespoon of tahini and as spices 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon each of paprika powder and cumin.
- It is best to soak the washed lentils overnight before cooking them for about 25 minutes.
- During this time, lightly roast the cauliflower florets in a pan together with the cauliflower greens cut into coarser pieces.
- Finely chop the spring onions and celery leaves and add to the drained and cooled lentils. Also mix in the lime juice, tahini, and crushed garlic.
- At the very end, add the cauliflower florets and leaves, season to taste, and mix thoroughly again.