Green smoothies in winter? Yes, green smoothies can also warm you up. It all depends on the recipe. Green smoothies are therefore delicious, healthy, and naturally alkaline snacks not only in summer but also in winter. Our green winter smoothies are ideal for cold and uncomfortable days. They warm you from the inside and at the same time give you the variety of revitalizing power substances typical of a smoothie.
Winter Smoothie #1 – Ingredients for two smoothies
- Juice of 8 to 10 tangerines or clementines
- 2 bananas
- 2 cm of a ginger root (can be left out for children)
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom (or gingerbread spice)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla powder
- 1-2 handfuls fresh spinach (or 1-2 tbsp spinach powder)
- 2 tbsp white almond butter
- 300 ml of water or as much water as necessary to achieve a consistency that is comfortable for you
Winter Smoothie #2 – Ingredients for two smoothies
- juice of 4 oranges
- 1 banana
- 1 small mango or ½ large mango
- 5 prunes soaked overnight in 150ml water and stoned
- ½ teaspoon gingerbread spice
- 1 pinch chili powder/cayenne pepper – only if desired
- 1-2 handfuls of lamb’s lettuce (or 1 to 2 tablespoons of nettle powder)
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- Just enough water to get the consistency you like
Green powders for green smoothies
As you saw above with the ingredients, some green leafy vegetables are also conveniently available in powdered form.
So if you don’t have fresh greens at home, simply use 1 to 2 tablespoons of a green powder of your choice for your green smoothie:
This can be spinach or nettle powder. However, parsley leaf powder and broccoli powder are also available, as well as dandelion leaf powder for wild herb fans.
Of course, you can also add different green vegetable powders to the green smoothie at the same time. Because the more green vegetables it contains, as is well known, the more numerous and diverse its vital substance content will be, the higher its base potential will climb and the stronger its antioxidant performance will be.
But now quickly to the preparation.
Put all the ingredients in a powerful blender (e.g. Bianco Puro) and blend for 45 to 60 seconds. If you want your smoothie to ignite your inner heat not only with the warming spices but also with its temperature, simply blend until lukewarm and then enjoy by candlelight.