- 225 g Whole wheat flour
- 225 g Wholemeal rye flour
- 1 cube Yeast
- 15 g Salt
- 400 g Turkish yogurt 10%
- 125 g Quark semi-fat
- 50 g Butter
- 60 ml Lukewarm milk
- Put the two flours and the salt in a bowl and mix well and then make a well in the middle. Crumble the yeast into it and pour the lukewarm milk over it, stir a little and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- After these 10 minutes add all the other ingredients and knead really well together - preferably by hand. I still think that works best and you always have a feel for the dough. Then cover the dough and let rise in a warm place for at least 30 minutes. If longer, it doesn't matter at all, just not shorter, please.
- Line the loaf pan with baking paper. To do this, crumple up the baking paper and wet it under cold running water and then squeeze it out really well. Now the baking paper fits perfectly into the baking pan.
- Now knead the dough again briefly and then put it in a loaf pan and let it rise again covered for at least 30 minutes. After 10 minutes of walking, use a sharp knife to cut into the top of the bread lengthways and preheat the oven to 230 degrees.
- Then slide the bread into the oven on the second rail from below and add a bowl with half a liter of boiling water. After 10 minutes, turn the temperature down by 30 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven and leave in the mold for about 10 minutes, then take it out of the mold, peel off the baking paper and let it cool down well on a wire rack.
Serving: 100gCalories: 290kcalCarbohydrates: 33.2gProtein: 10gFat: 12.8g