- 100 g Sourdough approach
- 300 g Whey (substitute: water)
- 350 g Whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 350 g Whey (substitute: water)
- 300 g Wholegrain oat flour
- 350 g Semi-White flour (substitute wheat flour type 812)
- 200 g Grain mix (sunflower, sesame, linseed)
- 20 g Salt
- 1 tbsp Oatmeal
- Loaf pan 35 cm
- Butter for the mold
- Brush water
Anstellgut (working time 5 min)
- Mix the sourdough mixture with the whey. Stir in honey 1 tbsp. Add the flour and mix to a pulp. Let stand in a warm room for 24 hours.
Autolysis dough (working time 10 min)
- Weigh out the rest of the whey and stir it into the topping. Add the flour and the grain mix. Knead until you get a smooth dough (1 - 2 minutes). Put the dough in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Main dough (working time 30 min)
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Acclimate for half an hour in the warm and then add the salt. Now knead the dough with your hands for 7-10 minutes until it becomes elastic. Let stand for another 2 hours. In the meantime, stretch it apart vigorously and fold it back together again.
Piece cooked (working time 5 min)
- Pull the dough apart again and fold it back together so that it fits into the loaf pan well greased with butter. Please note: the loaf pan should be suitable for sourdough - otherwise some of the color of the pan may stick to the bread afterwards. Let rise here again for 1 - 1.5 hours until the dough is almost fully ripe (this is faster in warm summer than in winter because of the temperature).
Baking (baking time 55 min)
- Brush with water and sprinkle with the oat flakes. Cut four times across. Bake in the oven preheated to 230 ° C for a total of 50 - 55 minutes. Bake with steam for the first 10 minutes. Let the steam escape after 10 minutes by opening the oven door and reduce the oven temperature to 210 ° C. If the bread darkens too quickly, use aluminum foil. When the baking time is over, take it out, let it cool down and then turn it out of the pan.
- The recipe is adapted for working people. Hence the use of the refrigerator. If you have the time, you can shorten the refrigerator phase of the autolysis dough with about 2-2.5 hours in a warm place. I baked it during the week and it can be easily integrated into everyday working life.