Juice is one of the healthiest drinks in the world. No wonder fans of the “vitamin bomb” celebrate Juice Day every year. The date of this holiday is every third Saturday in September, and this year it falls on September 18.
On the occasion of World Juice Day, producers organize tours and product tastings for everyone. World Juice Day is a great occasion to get together with friends and spend the day without alcohol. Drinking freshly squeezed juice “for health” – what could be better?
Juice Day is celebrated in September for a reason. It is in the first month of autumn that fruits and vegetables contain the maximum concentration of vitamins and nutrients that not only strengthen the immune system but also give health to the skin, hair, and nails. The most popular juices are orange and apple.
The benefits of freshly squeezed juices
Fresh juice is a source of vitamins and valuable microelements that have a beneficial effect on the health of the body, improving the functioning of organs and systems and strengthening defenses. The undeniable benefit of juice is that it is
- indispensable for the prevention and treatment of colds – all thanks to a shock dose of vitamin C, which strengthens the immune system;
- an assistant in the fight against extra pounds – the palm tree belongs to grapefruit juice;
- a natural cosmetic product – masks based on fruit and vegetable juices will help restore radiance to the skin, relieve enlarged pores and rashes;
- an effective product that will help rid the body of toxins and radionuclides. Juice detoxification is a surefire way to prolong youth and maintain health.
The dangers of freshly squeezed juice
Despite the obvious benefits of drinking fresh juice, there are also conditions in which it can cause irreparable harm to health. Among them:
- gastric ulcer;
- severe allergies;
In this situation, you should consult your family doctor before drinking the drink.
Also, do not give undiluted freshly squeezed juice to children under three years of age. This can cause allergic skin rashes and gastrointestinal problems.
How to choose store-bought juice
Not everyone has the opportunity to make fresh juice at home. And the easiest solution is to buy juice in the store. To get the most out of the juice on the supermarket shelf, you need to follow these rules:
- Choose direct-pressed juice – reconstituted juices and nectars contain a minimum amount of natural products, and most of the packaging is a mixture of sugar and preservatives;
- Choose a product in glass containers – this way you can immediately assess the naturalness of the juice. In addition, its shelf life will be longer.