XXL - pizza
- 10 g Fresh yeast
- 250 ml Lukewarm water
- 500 g Manitobo Tipo 0
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 10 g Salt
Tomato sauce & pizza topping
- 1 Can Peeled tomatoes
- 1 kl. Can Tomato paste
- Salt to taste
- Emmental in one piece to your taste (variant 1 + 2)
- 1,25 Bullets Mozzarella the bufala (variant 2)
- 130 g Spianata salami (spicy) - (variant 1)
- 100 g Salami simple (variant 2)
- 4 Discs Parma ham (Prosciutto di Parma Riserva DOP 18 mesi) - (variant 2)
- 1 Pair Arugula
- 1 Pair Dried oregano to taste
- Manitoba stands for flours with strong & high quality glue (gluten) with a high water absorption capacity. The Manitoba flour from "Molino Mariani" combines all these properties & it is ideal for bread, pizza with long dough or dough enriched with butter and sugar such as: brioche or panettone.
- Take a mixing bowl / food processor and add the crumbled fresh yeast and lukewarm water. Mix everything together and then add the manitoba flour, olive oil and salt. Then knead into a dough or leave.
- Flour the work surface lightly and place the dough on it, knead once with clean hands, round out and place in a bowl. Then cover them in a warm place and let go for about 1.5 hours. Take out later and divide the dough as I would need it for two pizzas.
Tomato sauce / topping / variant 1
- For my XXL pizza, I used a large, round 38 size baking pan (made of clay). I greased these with rapeseed oil. Rolled out the divided pizza dough on top. Pierced the batter with a fork.
- Put the peeled tomatoes, tomato paste in a tall container and puree with a magic wand. Season everything with salt, season to taste. Now spread half of the tomato sauce onto the dough. Put the Emmental in one piece on a row and distribute freshly on top.
- Preheat the oven to 230 degrees top / bottom heat. When it is preheated, place the baking pan on the lowest rack and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure that every oven bakes differently. Remove after baking and cover the Spianata salami immediately. Sprinkle a little oregano and serve immediately.
Tomato sauce / topping / variant 2
- After baking, briefly clean the large, round baking pan, grease it again and roll out the second dough. Prick with a fork and brush with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle freshly grated Emmental cheese on the left side of the pizza and top the bufala with the mozzarella on the right side of the pizza.
- Put in the preheated oven and bake here for about 25 to 30 minutes. Make sure that every oven bakes differently. Take out after the second baking and cover with the normal salami on the left side. Right side with Parma ham & rocket. Sprinkle both sides with a little oregano.
- Take two separate flat plates and serve both separately from each other immediately.