Recipe 1: Corn Flakes Butter Cake
Ingredients for 24 servings:
1 cup whipping cream (250 milliliters)
1.75 cups of sugar
4 eggs (size M)
2 cups of flour
a packet of baking powder
180 grams of butter
3 tablespoons of milk
3 cups of cornflakes
- In the first step, pour the whipped cream into a bowl. Wash the cup to use for measuring sugar, flour, and cornflakes.
- Whip the cream half stiff. Add a cup of sugar to the cream and continue beating the cream.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the cream and mix well. Then mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Place the dough on a greased baking sheet (40 by 30 centimeters) and smooth out the mass. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees (180 degrees for a fan oven) on the second rack from the bottom for ten minutes.
- Boil the butter, 1/4 cup of sugar, and 3 tablespoons of milk, and add the cornflakes. Pour the mixture onto the dough that has already been in the oven for ten minutes. Bake the cake for another ten minutes.
- Tip: The cake tastes best when lukewarm and garnished with vanilla or nut ice cream and whipped cream.
Recipe 2: Apple Cornflakes Cake
Ingredients for 20 servings:
For the yeast dough: 400 grams of flour, 60 grams of sugar, 30 grams of yeast, 200 milliliters of lukewarm milk, one egg (size M), one egg yolk (size M), 50 grams of softened butter, salt
For the topping: 1.5 kilograms of tart apples, three tablespoons of lemon juice, 80 grams of butter, 80 grams of sugar, 30 grams of honey, five tablespoons of milk, 150 grams of wholemeal cornflakes
- In the first step, put the flour, sugar, the crumbled fresh yeast, lukewarm milk, egg, egg yolk, softened butter, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Knead everything with the dough hook of the hand mixer for about five minutes to a smooth dough. Then let the dough rise covered in a warm place for about 40 minutes.
- Peel and core the apples and cut them into wedges. Mix the apple slices with lemon juice.
- After 40 minutes, knead the dough well again. Then roll it out on a deep tray (30 x 40 centimeters) lined with baking paper.
- Cover the dough with the apple slices and let it rise for 15 minutes.
- In the next step, boil butter, sugar, honey, and milk. Mix in the cornflakes and pour the hot mixture over the apples. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees (180 degrees fan oven) on the lowest shelf for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool slightly before eating.
Recipe 3: Cornflakes Peanut Butter Cake (No-Bake)
For 20 pieces you need:
340 grams of peanut butter
400 milliliters of light beet syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
200 grams of coconut flakes
375 grams of cornflakes
500 grams of block chocolate
- First mix the peanut butter with the syrup.
- Chop the chocolate and melt it over a water bath.
- In the next step, crumble the cornflakes and mix them with the vanilla sugar into the peanut mixture.
- Add some of the melted chocolate and mix in roughly.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, press everything together well and cover the dough with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Let everything dry before cutting the cake into slices.
- Tip: It is best to serve the cake slightly chilled.