If it’s not time to eat yet and you’re already working up an appetite, these snacks will provide you with enough energy, minerals, and vitamins to wait until the right time to eat.
Healthy snacks without putting on extra pounds
- Apples contain many vitamins and minerals. Apples are a source of flavonoids and polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants. Try to eat them every morning and add them to smoothies.
- Bananas are fruits rich in potassium, which helps maintain normal blood pressure and heart function.
- Red bell pepper is a snack rich in antioxidants, vitamins A and C, which are essential for the beauty of your skin. If you have the desire to crunch, red peppers are perfect. You can, for example, dip the pepper in a sauce with your snack.
- Natural dark chocolate. If you have a sweet tooth, natural dark chocolate will definitely satisfy your craving. It’s better than dessert snacks containing refined starch, which destroys vitamins needed for energy. Since chocolate contains sugar, it is recommended to limit its consumption to 57 grams per day.
- Pumpkin seeds are a source rich in minerals: magnesium, iron and calcium; vitamin K and proteins. You can be sure that pumpkin seeds will satisfy your desire for a snack when you need to improve your performance.
- Carrots are a vegetable that contains a large amount of fiber, so it will be a great crunchy way to suppress intense hunger, while not forgetting about proper nutrition.
- Vegetable puree soup. It combines the right amount of vegetables for a snack. Your body can easily absorb the available nutrients without having to use energy to break them down.
- Oatmeal. You can eat oatmeal, followed by any fruit 25 minutes later, and replace one full meal with it. Sprinkle cinnamon over the porridge for even more benefits and flavor.
- Green salad. Green vegetables are filled with vitamins and minerals that digest quickly enough that you will immediately feel energized after this snack.
- Pineapple is easy to digest and contains the enzyme bromelain, which aids digestion and has cleansing properties. Remember, pineapple should not be eaten in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Herbal tea. You can drink herbal tea at night, in the morning, or in the middle of the day. It is better to drink decaffeinated herbal tea.
- Dried figs are great for cleansing the blood. Figs contain a fairly large amount of sugar, so you should limit your serving size to just a few pieces. Also, make sure that the manufacturer you choose does not add sugar or other unhealthy additives to the fruit.