Because of their ingredients, bananas are a proven home remedy for diarrhea. We will explain to you in which form you should eat the banana and what you need to consider. We also show you alternatives to bananas for diarrhea.
Banana for diarrhea – you should consider that
Bananas can help with diarrhea because they contain a lot of pectins.
- These dietary fibers swell up in the intestines and thus clean the intestinal wall of pathogens.
- The pectins work particularly well if you mash the banana with a fork after peeling it. Alternatively, you can also puree them.
- Bananas also contain a lot of magnesium and potassium. This allows you to quickly replenish your damaged mineral balance.
- If you suffer from fructose intolerance, taking bananas is not recommended. This is because it can cause diarrhea.
- If you have chronic diarrhea, bananas will only help to a limited extent. You should definitely talk to a doctor to find out the cause of this.
- You should also consult a doctor if diarrhea does not improve after 2 to 3 days.
What else helps with diarrhea
You can also use other foods instead of bananas.
- Apples also contain a lot of pectins. Grate an apple with the skin on and let the mixture stand for a quarter of an hour before eating.
- Cooked oatmeal also helps with gastrointestinal problems. You can easily and quickly make suitable oatmeal yourself.
- Boiled carrots and rusks are also among the foods that are good for your intestines.
- If you have diarrhea, you should also drink a lot. In addition to water, vegetable broth and chamomile or peppermint tea are particularly suitable.