For most people, the process of changing bedding is accompanied by the agony of tucking in a blanket. Many people need at least half an hour and a few acrobatic tricks to accomplish this task.
Here are a few tricks that can be used to tuck a comforter cover in quickly and without pain. You may find them difficult at first, but after a few tries, you’ll learn how to tuck a duvet cover in just a minute.
How to tuck a comforter cover into a duvet cover with clothespins
A very simple trick will help you tuck a comforter cover into a duvet cover with any neckline in seconds. You will need four clothespins or other clips to do this. Instead of clothespins, you can tuck the quilt in for two people by holding it with 4 hands.
- First, spread out the empty duvet cover on the bed.
- Crumple up the blanket and stuff it into the duvet cover.
- Stick your hands in the duvet cover and find the corners of the quilt.
- Insert the four corners of the quilt into the four ends of the duvet cover.
- From the outside, secure the corners of the quilt with four clothespins. Either clamp the corners of the quilt with your hands.
- Lift the quilt and shake it several times so that it is fully spread out.
How to Tuck a Blanket into a Duvet Cover with a Notch Underneath
One more trick may help you tuck the comforter cover in quickly if the bottom of the duvet cover is not tucked in.
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and lay it flat on the bed with the neckline facing down.
- Place the comforter cover evenly on top of the duvet cover.
- Wrap the comforter cover together with the duvet cover in a roll.
- Take hold of one edge of the roll and gently twist the duvet cover through the cut so that the edge of the comforter cover is inside the duvet cover.
- Repeat the same on the other side.
- When the bottom edge of the quilt is tucked into the comforter cover, shake the quilt until it is completely inside the duvet cover.
How to Tuck a Blanket into a Duvet Cover with a Hole in the Side
This method combines the first and second methods. As with the first method, here you must hold the corners of the comforter, and the second method is taken from turning the duvet cover out.
- Turn the duvet cover inside out and lay it out on the bed.
- Place a blanket on top of the duvet cover.
- Put your hands through the cutout and pinch the edges of the comforter cover over the corners of the duvet cover.
- Turn the duvet cover upside down so that the quilt is inside.
- Without letting go of the corners, shake the comforter so that it flattens out inside.