Buttercream with custard is a popular cream for all types of cakes. If you want to enhance the taste of your baked goods, this recipe is just the thing. You only need four ingredients for the cream.
Buttercream with pudding: the ingredients
You can use the cream as a filling or to coat cakes. For a buttercream with pudding you need the following ingredients:
- 700 milliliters of milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- 2 packets of pudding, for example, vanilla pudding
- 500 grams of soft butter
Before you start making the buttercream, you should take 500 grams of butter out of the fridge and let it soften on the table for a few hours. Also, cook the pudding beforehand so that it can cool down sufficiently.
- First, mix the pudding powder with a tablespoon of sugar and about 10 tablespoons of milk to form a homogeneous mass. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil.
- Pour the pudding mixture into the milk, stirring constantly. Boil the pudding, stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened.
- Cover the pudding with cling film and let the mixture cool. Make sure that the cling film lies directly on the pudding surface. This way no skin can form on the pudding.
- Cream the softened butter with the remaining sugar. Then stir in the cooled pudding. Keep stirring until you get a homogeneous mass.
- The cream is then ready to use for a cake.