Clean the chard thoroughly before eating
Cleaning Swiss chard can be done in just a few steps.
- Cut off the bottom stem so that you have several stems in your hand.
- Rinse the vegetables thoroughly under cold water and shake dry. Drying in a salad spinner is best.
- Separate the leaves from the stems.
- Often there is still soil in the notches of the stems. To remove the last dirt, rinse the vegetables again with cold water.
- Cut the leaves and stems into narrow strips.
- The chard can then be cooked. Note that the stems take longer than the leaves.