Pancakes with herbs filled with a feta and vegetable mixture.
For the pancakes:
- 1/2 bunch of flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch of chervil
- 150 grams of wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 30 grams of butter
For the filling:
- 450 grams of mushrooms
- 60 grams of spring onions
- 180 g peppers, red
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 200g feta
- For the pancake batter, wash the herbs, drain well, pluck the leaves from the stems and chop roughly.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, and whisk together the eggs, milk and salt to form a smooth batter. Add the herbs and puree with the hand blender until the dough turns light green. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Melt some butter in a coated pan (20 cm diameter). Spread 1/8 of the batter evenly in it and bake on both sides over medium heat, remove and keep warm. Bake 7 more pancakes with the remaining batter and butter.
- For the filling, clean and quarter the mushrooms. Clean spring onions and cut them into fine rings. Quarter the peppers, remove the stalk, seeds, and the white partitions, and cut the flesh into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a suitably sized pan. Sear the mushrooms in it for about 3 minutes. Add the spring onions and bell peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the feta and cut it into small cubes. Mix the feta cubes into the vegetables. Divide the filling between the pancakes and fold it in half. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 5 minutes at 200 degrees top and bottom heat (180 degrees fan oven). Arrange the pancakes on plates and serve.