You need this for almond milk production
Almond milk, which according to the EU may not be called milk and is therefore sold in stores as an almond drink, is not a new creation. Almond milk was a well-known and popular drink as early as the Middle Ages.
- If you want to make your own almond milk, you don’t need a lot of ingredients. For pure almond milk, you only need almonds and water.
- You will also need a hand blender, a bowl, a nut milk bag, or alternatively a cheesecloth or cheesecloth and a large glass bottle.
- There are a good 200 grams of almonds in one liter of almond milk.
- You can also mix the almonds with other nuts, such as hazelnuts or macadamia nuts.
How to make almond milk
First, place the almonds for your almond drink in lukewarm water and let them soak for nine to ten hours.
- Then pour the water away and add a liter of fresh water to the almonds. Then use the hand blender to finely puree the almonds. Alternatively, put the almonds with the water in a suitable blender.
- After chopping the almonds very finely, hang the nut milk bag or cheesecloth over the glass bottle or other container.
- The coarse pieces of almonds remain in the cloth that you then wring out.
- Almond milk will keep in the fridge for about three to four days if you seal the glass bottle airtight.
- Of course, you can also refine the almond milk according to your taste, for example by adding cinnamon, agave syrup, vanilla, dried dates, or cardamom.
- Tip: If you want to save yourself a few steps, you can use almond butter instead of whole almonds.