You can easily make basil oil yourself at home. You can use it in the kitchen or when you are ill. Because basil oil is versatile. We give you instructions on how to make the oil here.
How to get basil oil
You hardly need any ingredients to make basil oil at home. A bunch of fresh basil and olive oil are enough to produce the aromatic oil.
- You do not need to wash organic, fresh basil. Especially since aromas can be lost if the water jet is too strong. Only gently remove obvious dirt residue.
- Pluck the leaves from the basil bunch and place them in a glass bottle. For a small bottle, about 10 leaves will suffice.
- Then add the olive oil to the bottle. So that the basil is completely covered, but there is still some space on top.
- Then seal the bottle airtight and place it in a dark, warm place. After about a month you can open the bottle and pour the oil through a sieve, collect it and pour it back into the glass bottle.
Areas of application of basil oil
Whether in the kitchen or as a remedy or fragrance, you can use aromatic basil oil in many ways. However, before consumption, consult your doctor first if you have physical illnesses or are pregnant.
- Basil is mainly used in Mediterranean cuisine. Therefore, the oil is ideal for pesto, tomato mozzarella, or toasted bread.
- If the basil oil is consumed, it has a beneficial effect on the margins and intestines and can be used for irritable bowel syndrome and stomach problems.
- If you have a headache or are stressed, you can put the basil oil in an aroma lamp or diffuser. A few drops are enough to unfold the aroma.
- You can also inhale the aromatic oil and use it for colds, coughs, and bronchitis.