You can also order your groceries online if you don’t have time to shop. Our price comparison and the overview of the product range show you five large online supermarkets and what you should consider when shopping.
Order groceries online: myTime
“MyTime” is an online supermarket that offers a variety of organic products – from fruit and vegetables to staple foods and frozen items.
- Shipping: MyTime delivers throughout Germany, you can even set a fixed delivery date. By default, we ship with DPD. DHL can also be selected for the delivery of dry goods for a surcharge of EUR 1.99. In the case of delivery of a pure dry assortment, the delivery is free of charge with a goods value between 70 and 100 euros.
- Exact shipping costs: The shipping costs are scaled according to the purchase value: below 100 euros you pay 5.49 euros, between 100 and 150 euros 5.99 euros, and above that 6.99 euros. For frozen and fresh products, there is an additional 5.90 euros.
- Price: Compared to other food portals, “my time” also has a lot of cheap food on offer, which changes regularly. Offers include, for example, 20 percent discounts on RUF baking mixes or volume discounts (3 for 2 on Pringles or 4 Pfanner juices for 5.00 euros).
- Conclusion: A supermarket with a large selection and good offers, but high fixed costs.
An alternative: the Rewe online shop
The Rewe online shop offers a wide range of items, from fresh fruit and vegetables to drugstore items and pet food. You enter your zip code, simply put the desired products in the shopping cart, and select the desired date. The minimum order value is 50.00 euros.
- Shipping: Between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., the Rewe online shop delivers to customers in over 15 cities, including Hamburg, Berlin, Cologne, Munich, Frankfurt, and Stuttgart (details). Deliveries are made in Rewe’s own delivery van.
- Shipping costs: The first order is free. The delivery costs for each additional order are between EUR 0.00 and EUR 5.90. That depends on the value of your order, where you live, and how busy it is at the desired delivery time. From the third crate, an additional 1.50 euros will be charged for each additional crate.
- Bonus: If your products don’t like the delivery, you can give them back to the driver, and deliveries can be changed and canceled as long as the order hasn’t been processed.
- Price: The prices correspond to the prices in the Rewe market. Thanks to Rewe’s own brands, there are also e.g. B. cheap pasta varieties for just under 50 cents. In the case of fruit and vegetables, billing is often based on the number of items and not on the weight as in the supermarket.
- You can check the exact times on the Rewe website during the ordering process. Our test showed that cheap deliveries are possible, especially in the morning.
- Conclusion: Rewe is a very good online supermarket. The products are of good quality, the prices are the same as in the supermarket and special surcharges are reasonable. However, the Rewe delivery service is not yet available in many regions.
Amazon Fresh: Fresh groceries in many cities
Amazon offers its own delivery service, Amazon Fresh.
- The Amazon Fresh range is huge and fresh, according to our test. For example, there are 60 types of fruit and almost 100 types of vegetables (including many organic).
- Fresh meat, sausage, milk, and eggs are available, as is fresh bread. For this purpose, Amazon is cooperating with large manufacturers such as Wiesenhof and several bakeries. There are also frozen products.
- Shipping: All or nothing – if you live in Berlin, Potsdam, Hamburg, and Munich, you can use Amazon Fresh, but everyone else can’t.
- Shipping costs: Amazon Fresh is only available to Amazon Prime members. Up to EUR 4.99, shipping costs are added per order (free from an order value of EUR 80). Alternatively, it is also possible to take out an additional Amazon Fresh membership for EUR 7.99 per month. From a minimum order value of 20 euros, you can also order same-day delivery with a 1 or 2-hour time window.
- Delivery: Deliveries with Fresh come from Monday to Saturday. If you order at noon, you will receive the delivery on the same day. There are also specific time slots for evening delivery.
- Price: In our food test, Amazon Fresh caused higher costs than some other providers. However, there are also many cheap products, for example from target and family’s own brands. An organic cucumber is available for 1.69 euros, natural spaghetti for 99 cents, 500 g of test own-brand rice for 1.99 euros, and cookies for 87 cents.
- Conclusion: Amazon Fresh has high fixed costs (Prime subscription, possibly Fresh subscription), but it probably has the largest range. The prices are fair, but unfortunately, the offer is only available in very few cities.