Artichoke Vegetables: What is it actually?
You have probably eaten pickled artichoke hearts before. But did you know that the vegetable we are eating is just the bud of the artichoke?
- Because the artichoke itself is a plant that bears large flowers. These sprout from a flower bud.
- This flower bud is the edible part of the plant and what you know as an artichoke or artichoke bud.
- The artichoke is therefore referred to as a flowering vegetable.
- The artichoke buds are harvested before they open.
Good for the body: That’s why you benefit from the artichoke
Artichokes are good for your body. If you eat them regularly, you can benefit from the diverse effects of the nutritious vegetable.
- The bitter substance cynarin contained in the artichoke lowers your cholesterol level and thus promotes your health.
- This substance also stimulates the flow of bile. You can prevent gallstones by eating vegetables.
- Do you like the tart flavor of the vegetables? This is also caused by the bitter substance and thus contributes to a varied enjoyment on your plate.
- If you eat artichokes regularly, the cynarin they contain will support your digestion and fat metabolism.
- In addition, you can have a positive influence on your blood sugar level and lower it.