The birch is a very characteristic tree with its white trunk, which is widespread in Germany. Few know that birch sap can be obtained from the trunk. We’ll show you how healthy it really is.
Healthy ingredients of birch sap
Birch sap is obtained from the trunk and thick branches of the birch and contains valuable ingredients for the human body.
- Birch sap contains amino acids. These are building blocks of proteins and are used to build body tissue. They are essential, i.e. essential for survival, for our organism, but cannot be produced by ourselves and must therefore be ingested through food.
- Other substances that are essential for humans and that are contained in birch sap are the minerals potassium, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, and the trace element iron. They are also not produced by the human body and must be ingested through food.
- Birch sap also contains proteins, which serve as building blocks for muscles and enzymes, for example. They are also involved in all organ functions. Proteins are very important for the organism and must be consumed in sufficient quantities to avoid deficiency symptoms.
- The juice also contains vitamin C. This substance is also responsible for the immune system, which is why a deficiency often leads to secondary diseases since the viruses get into the body more easily.
The healthy effects of birch sap
Due to the ingredients of birch sap already mentioned, it has a healing effect on certain diseases and other ailments.
- Birch sap has anti-inflammatory and detoxifying effects. It helps against cellulite and stimulates the body’s hormones. The juice should also be able to combat skin impurities.
- Birch sap also helps with eczema, headaches, hair loss, and dandruff. Due to only 5 kilocalories per 100 milliliters, it is also perfect for losing weight.
- A birch sap cure is recommended so that the birch sap can have a lasting effect. This lasts 3 to 6 weeks. You only drink juice and tea every day. This can be both herbal tea and birch leaf tea.