How to protect yourself from the heat at home
The best salvation from the heat in the apartment is an air conditioner. If you cannot afford this useful device, you can cool the room in other ways.
- Fill a bottle with ice-cold water and place it in front of the switched-on fan. This spreads the cold air around the apartment.
- Soak a sheet in cold water and hang it somewhere in the room, for example on a closet door.
- Leave the sheet until it is completely dry. This will lower the temperature of the room by a few degrees.
- Moisten your face, neck, knees, and elbows with water – then you won’t feel so hot indoors. It is convenient to spray yourself from a sprayer. This method is also useful for hypertensive patients.
- Prepare an iced tea. You can add mint, lemon, or ginger to taste. Such an invigorating drink will satisfy the need for fluids and help you to survive the heat easier. It is better not to drink cold water, as it does not quench thirst.
- Do not take very cold showers in hot weather. The sharp contrast in temperature between the water and the air – is a very serious load on the heart and blood vessels. Let the water be just barely warm.
- Curtain the window with dark curtains, so the room is less heated by the sun’s rays.
How to protect yourself from the heat outside
Everyone knows the simple rules of behavior in hot weather: wear a hat and sunglasses, protect your skin with cream, and wear light clothing made of natural fabrics. Here are a few more non-trivial tips.
- Give up alcohol in the heat. Alcohol distorts your senses, and you can overheat or dehydrate unnoticed.
- Make a “Japanese scarf,” a popular method in Japan of escaping the heat by tying a wet scarf or neck scarf around your neck. Wear it until it dries, then wet it again. This method makes it very easy to feel in the heat.
- Do not wear open clothing. Short shorts and shirts are not very useful in the heat, especially if they are made of synthetic fabric. To avoid overheating, there should be a minimum of body area under direct rays. It is better to give preference to loose shirts made of natural fabric. On the contrary, it is better to wear open shoes.