Cold buffet ideas for your party
Cold buffet ideas are simple, quicker, and more practical than hot dishes. They are easier to store and it doesn’t bother them if they stand around for a long time. Cold buffets also have the advantage that they are often easy to prepare and yet very versatile. Here are a few ideas for you:
- Italian antipasti buffet: tomato and mozzarella or pasta salads always work. Buy ciabatta and arrange the buffet with cheese, grapes, salami, pesto, melons, prosciutto, or even cold grilled vegetables.
- Snack buffet: The classic among party buffets is the snack buffet. Sausage, bacon, and cheese are beautifully arranged, together with vegetables, pickled cucumbers, and onions. You can also prepare spreads and bake delicious homemade bread.
- Bite Buffet: These snacks thrive on elaborate little bites – we recommend working with skewers, making small sandwiches, and offering lots of spreads and hummus for dipping.
- Sushi buffet: A different kind of buffet, but certainly an eye-catcher, is a sushi buffet. Sushi is relatively easy to prepare and there is also something for vegetarians. You can also order sushi in a pinch.
Warm buffet ideas for your party
Warm buffets should only be served shortly before the guests arrive or kept in suitable containers so that everything stays nice and warm. With hot buffets, it is important that the dishes are not too elaborate so that the guests can easily load them onto the plate.
- Burger Buffet: All you need to keep warm are buns, patties, and any side dishes, you can serve everything else on platters.
- Guests can put together their own burgers and you can also offer vegan and vegetarian options. A twist on the burger buffet would be a wrap/taco buffet.
- Bavarian buffet: A Bavarian buffet with wheat beer, pretzels, mustard, and white sausages is a great idea. You can also offer other sausages to add a bit of variety. Salads are also good here.
- Tarte flambée or pizza buffet: A tarte flambée and pizza buffet are also easy. Offer different toppings so that there is something for every guest. For the “bite factor,” you can also conjure up pizza snails or tarte flambée rolls.
- Grill buffet: A grill buffet is available in summer. Prepare side dishes and grill various lumps of meat and vegetables. We recommend an outdoor buffet in the garden. A cocktail or aperitif bar spices things up even more.