Cashew Sauce – the basic recipe
The recipe for cashew sauce is very simple.
- All you need is 100 g of cashew nuts, 150 ml of water, and some salt and pepper.
- Place the seeds and water in a blender and blend until you have a creamy sauce.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper.
Vegan cooking: This is how cheese sauce works
Instead of a pure cashew sauce, you can also prepare a vegan cheese sauce. To do this, modify the basic recipe as follows:
- For this sauce, you need 60 g cashew nuts and 300 ml water as well as salt and pepper.
- In addition, 150 g potatoes, 60 g carrots, an onion, a clove of garlic, 50 g margarine, and a teaspoon each of Dijon mustard and lemon juice are added to the sauce.
- First peel the potatoes, carrots, and onions. After that, you cut everything into small pieces and boil the vegetables in 300 ml of water for about 15 minutes.
- Put the vegetables together with the cooking water in the blender and add all the other ingredients. Mix until the sauce is very fine and creamy. Alternatively, use a blender.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste.