For the vegetables:
- 6 size Shrimp, peeled, frozen
- 80 g Skinless chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 350 g Water
- 5 g Chicken broth, Kraft bouillon
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine, (Arak Masak)
- 2 tbsp Oyster sauce, (Saus Tiram)
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce, light
- 3 tbsp Sesame oil
- 30 g Carrot
- 6 Green beans
- Spring onion rings, green
- Fruits and leaves
- Bring 1,150 g water to the boil and soak the mushrooms in it for 20 minutes. Defrost the prawns and possibly the chicken. Halve the prawns lengthways. Remove the bowel on the back. Rinse the shrimp. Cut the chicken into thin slices across the grain and drizzle 2 tablespoons of sesame oil over the slices.
- Wash the carrot, cut off both ends, peel and use a corrugated planer to slice approx. 3 mm thick. Wash the green beans, cap both ends and cut across into pieces approx. 4 cm long. With the shiitake mushrooms, gently squeeze the water and discard. Cut the hats into strips, discard the tough stem.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the chicken stock, rice wine, oyster sauce and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms, carrots and green beans. Let the broth simmer. Heat a pan, add the chicken slices and fry briefly on both sides. Take out of the pan with a slotted spoon and divide into the serving bowls. Add the prawns with the rest of the sesame oil and fry until pink on both sides. Immediately add to the serving bowls.
- Put the spring onions in the broth and distribute them with the vegetables on the serving bowls, garnish, serve and enjoy.
- In the picture the soup was served with a sweet dessert (rambutan fruits).
- San Xian are three particularly tasty ingredients. There are quite a number of such ingredients: shrimp, fish, squid, sea cucumber, chicken, duck, goose, pork, and beef. In addition, a number of vegetarian ingredients, such as mushrooms, peanuts and walnuts, asparagus and fresh bamboo shoots. A San Xian dish must have at least 3 of these ingredients (the above list is not exhaustive), but several of these ingredients are perfectly acceptable.