The use of coconut oil
Make sure to always use high-quality organic coconut oil.
- The oil can be heated to high temperatures and is therefore perfect for frying. Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the pan instead of oil or butter.
- You can always use coconut oil instead of butter. Replace the entire amount of butter with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil is even suitable as a spread because it is solid at room temperature and can be spread as easily as margarine.
- Coconut oil is suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Recipes with coconut oil
Whether roasting, baking, or drinking. Coconut oil has many uses in the kitchen.
- Marinate your grilled meat with coconut oil, spices, and fresh herbs. To do this, melt the coconut oil and use it like your normal oil.
- Remove the stems from 4 large mushrooms. Mix ground beef and finely chopped tomatoes with salt, pepper, and some coconut oil. Fill the mixture into the mushrooms and bake them in the oven at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1 tablespoon mustard, and garden herbs to taste a delicious salad dressing. If the dressing is too thick for you, add a little water. Then add some honey to taste. Mix everything together again and season with salt and pepper.
- For a delicious coconut banana cake, mix together 2 cups of whole wheat flour, 1 cup of coconut oil, and 1 cup of sugar. Mash 3 bananas. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking powder. Mix all ingredients well again. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the batter into a baking pan and place in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- For a healthy green smoothie, place 1 banana and 1 mango, 1 handful of baby spinach, 300ml water, and ½ teaspoon coconut oil in a blender and blend all ingredients to desired consistency.