Frying a banana: This is how the delicious dessert succeeds
Fried banana is a popular dessert in Asian cuisine.
- If you want to prepare bananas in the fryer, the fruit needs a suitable breading.
- If you want to prepare such a dessert for four people, separate the yolk and white of three eggs. Then beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Mix the yolks with three tablespoons of sugar and 125 g of grated coconut. Fold the beaten egg whites into the mixed mass.
- Quarter two bananas and drizzle some lime juice over the fruit. Then roll the banana pieces in the coconut mass. Press the breading firmly with your fingers before frying.
- Put the breaded banana pieces in the hot fat of the fryer. Fry the fruit for about three to four minutes. Then place the fried bananas on a small grid. Place some kitchen paper underneath and let the fat drip off.
- If you don’t have a wire rack handy, a ribbed pan will do. Lightly pat the fried bananas with parchment paper if you don’t have either on hand.
- A little recipe tip: If you want to turn the dessert into the main course, fry a couple of sliced boiled potatoes with some bacon. You don’t achieve the typical Asian “sweet-sour” effect, but you have a “spicy-sweet” dish.
- The fried banana will be low in fat from the start if you use a hot air fryer. Then set the temperature of the fryer to 175 degrees.