You can easily fry an aubergine if you follow a few tips. So that the vegetables do not splatter when roasting and the result is convincing, we will explain how to proceed correctly.
Frying the eggplant: the preparation
If you want to fry eggplant, you have to drain the vegetables. Otherwise, the aubergines will splatter while frying and will be tough and bitter afterward.
- Cut the aubergines into slices about 0.5 cm wide.
- Salt the slices and place them on a board lined with kitchen paper. The aubergine must now sit for about a quarter of an hour so that the water can be drawn out of the slices.
- Pat the eggplant dry with a kitchen towel and carefully remove the excess salt.
How to fry the eggplant: instructions
Once you have drained the eggplant, proceed to fry:
- Put about a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Let it heat up.
- Place the aubergine slices in the heated pan and sear them on both sides. The slices should turn golden.
- Pour in some oil if necessary. Be careful not to use too much oil, as the eggplant slices will soak up the oil like a sponge.
- Place the fried slices on paper towels to soak up the excess oil.