Coconut soup with galangal
This delicious soup brings an exotic touch to your menu.
- Ingredients for four people: 2 cans of coconut milk, 1/2 liter of water, 1 finely chopped onion, 10 g of fresh or pickled galangal, cut into fine strips, 1 chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of salt, lime juice to taste, coriander green for decoration
- Preparation: Fry the onion in some butter and add coconut milk and water. Let the liquid boil for a few minutes. Add all other ingredients and simmer the soup for another two minutes. Serve the coconut soup hot and garnish it with coriander leaves. Rice is a good accompaniment.
Recipe number two: green bean curry
This galangal recipe is also suitable for vegetarians.
- Ingredients for four people: 3 cm fresh galangal root, 1 chili pepper, 1 onion, 1 stalk of lemongrass, 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, 250 ml vegetable stock, 1 can coconut milk, 800 g green beans, 1 handful of soybean sprouts, soy sauce and coriander greens to taste
- Preparation: Finely dice the galangal, onion, chili pepper, and lemongrass. In a mortar and pestle, pound these ingredients together with the coriander seeds to form a paste. Briefly fry the paste in a little oil and deglaze with the coconut milk and vegetable broth. Cut the beans into pieces of about four centimeters and add them to the curry base. Let the mixture with the beans cook for about 10 minutes and then add the bean sprouts. Then just let it simmer for a while. Season the dish with soy sauce and coriander. You can serve basmati rice as a side dish.
Galangal recipe number three: Habermas
Habermus is a recipe from Hildegard von Bingen. It tastes delicious and is a very healthy breakfast.
- Ingredients for four servings: 4 cups of spelled flakes, 8 cups of water, 2 apples, 2 pinches of ground galangal, a pinch of cinnamon, 2 teaspoons each of honey, ground almonds, and psyllium
- Preparation: Boil the spelled flakes in water for about 20 minutes until soft. Stir constantly. Cut the apples into small pieces and add them to the spelled along with the spices and honey. Let the mass simmer over low heat until the apples are soft. Stir in the almonds and psyllium.