Ketogenic Vegetarian Diet: Baked Feta with Oven Vegetables
Spicy sheep’s cheese and vegetables cooked in the oven not only go together perfectly in terms of taste but are also easy to prepare. Instead of fiddling with pans and pots, everything simply goes into a casserole dish.
- Wash vegetables that you like to eat. For example, a combination of tomatoes, onions, zucchini, pepperoni, and olives is very suitable for this Mediterranean dish.
- Cut everything into bite-sized pieces and put them in a bowl.
- Mix the vegetables with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil and season with basil, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Now fill a small casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Place a whole or half-feta cheese per person on top of the veggies and sprinkle with some oregano. If you like cold feta better, you can put the cheese on the vegetables after baking.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven at around 180 degrees with circulating air or 200 degrees with top/bottom heat for 20-25 minutes.
Tofu Spinach Curry recipe
Spinach and tofu are delicious ingredients and provide all the important nutrients, especially in the ketogenic diet. The amounts given make about 2 servings.
- Pat dry and dice about 200 grams of tofu (natural or smoked, depending on your preference). Fry the tofu in a pan or wok with a little oil until golden brown. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop an onion and 2 cloves of garlic.
- Remove the tofu from the pan and drain on some kitchen paper. Now add the onions and garlic to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes until translucent.
- Add about 200 grams of fresh spinach and let it wilt briefly.
- Then deglaze everything with a glass of coconut milk. Let the curry simmer and season with salt, curry powder, cumin, paprika powder, and chili. If you like it spicy, you can also use yellow curry paste.
- Roast a handful of peanuts in a pan without adding fat.
- Arrange the curry on plates and sprinkle with the peanuts and fresh coriander.
Meat-free avocado and mozzarella salad with raspberry dressing
The cold kitchen also has tempting ketogenic vegetarian recipes to offer. The superfood called avocado is a wonderful base for dips like guacamole, but it also makes a great addition to salads.
- Boil a handful of raspberries in a small saucepan. Once the fruit breaks down, stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon raspberry vinegar, salt, and pepper. You can also add some stevia for sweetness.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes and sprinkle with some lime juice.
- Then drain a mozzarella (about 125 grams) and dice the cheese as well.
- Arrange a nest of arugula on a plate. Drape a few tablespoons of diced avocado on top, some diced mozzarella on top, and some fresh raspberries on top.
- Drizzle the salad with the raspberry dressing. Toast some pine nuts without fat and sprinkle them over the salad, which serves 2 people.
Ketogenic Tomato Zucchini Gratin
A dish baked with spicy cheese can only be good. It is particularly delicious when there are rather fresh vegetables under the cheese crust. A great duo for this is tomatoes and zucchini. The quantities are for 2 people – if the portion is too small for you, you can also add diced tofu.
- Wash zucchini and 2 tomatoes. Then cut the vegetables into slices or cubes – just as you like.
- Put some oil in a pan. Once hot enough, add the zucchini and sauté for a few minutes.
- Then add the tomatoes and a tablespoon of tomato paste. Cook the vegetables together for another 2 minutes.
- Then deglaze the contents of the pan with half a glass of vegetable broth. Add 2-3 tablespoons of natural cream cheese or heavy cream to create a creamy sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano.
- After another 2-3 minutes you can pour the contents of the pan into a casserole dish. Sprinkle the vegetables with grated Gouda or Emmental and bake the gratin in the oven at 200 degrees until the cheese is golden brown.
Quick & easy: fried eggs with spinach
If you don’t have the time or don’t feel like standing in front of the stove for a long time, creamed spinach from the freezer with a fried egg is a good wholesome meal.
- You can use spinach from the freezer if you need it in a hurry, or you can cook the spinach yourself – we’ll also tell you how to conjure up your own creamed spinach.
- Once the spinach is almost done, add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to a pan.
- Crack about 2-3 eggs per person into the pan. You can sear them on one or both sides.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the fried eggs and arrange them on plates with the spinach.