Lose weight with kohlrabi – you should know that
Make turnip greens a regular part of your diet. You do something for your slim line and also provide your body with valuable minerals and vitamins.
- If you want to lose weight, kohlrabi is a perfect choice. 100 g of kohlrabi contains only 24 calories and a lot of fiber, which keeps your blood sugar level constant and keeps you full for a long time.
- As part of a low-carb diet, you can eat the tuber without any problems. It contains only about 5g of carbohydrates per 100g of vegetables. Kohlrabi can be cooked and eaten raw. The leaves are also edible.
- Kohlrabi is a cabbage vegetable. It also grows with local vegetable farmers between May and October. It is best to obtain the vegetables directly from the farm.
- As part of a diet, take advantage of the many ways in which kohlrabi can be prepared. So the vegetables will never taste boring.
- The tuber not only helps you lose weight but is full of nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium as well as vitamins C and E.
- Due to its valuable ingredients, kohlrabi helps you to maintain your acid-base balance. The vegetable has a blood pressure-regulating and nerve-strengthening effect. The vitamins it contains strengthen your immune system and make your skin and hair shine.
- Extra tip: Most of the nutrients are contained in the leaves. Use them, for example, in salads or cut into small pieces to garnish dishes.
Recipe tip for the slim figure: kohlrabi pan
Kohlrabi can be prepared in many ways. We will show you a particularly tasty variant that is reminiscent of fried potatoes.
- Ingredients: You need 1 kohlrabi (approx. 300 g), 1 small onion, 65 g bacon, 1 spring onion, 3 teaspoons of clarified butter, and salt and pepper.
- Preparation: Peel the kohlrabi and cut them into bite-sized pieces in the same way as the bacon. Peel and chop the onion. Cut the spring onion into rings after washing them. Set the green part aside.
- Cooking: The kohlrabi pieces must be pre-cooked. Boil them in salted water for about 5 minutes.
- Fry: Fry the kohlrabi in clarified butter. Add the remaining ingredients and let the mixture fry on one side for 4 minutes. Turn the mixture over to roast the other side as well.
- Serving: Arrange the kohlrabi pan on a plate. Garnish your healthy meal with the green part of the spring onion. The recipe yields two servings if you serve the kohlrabi pan as a side dish.
- Nutritional values: One serving of this recipe contains 152 kcal, 10 g protein, 8 g carbohydrate, and 8 g fat.